
Andrew had his first day of school yesterday. We've been talking about it all summer trying to prepare him for this new change in his life. We packed his lunch the night before and got his backpack and napmat ready to go. I got up and made him a good breakfast! We took some pictures of course and then were off. When we got to school Mark and I walked him into his room and said our goodbyes quickly and were out the door. He didn't cry (hurray, mommy was worried about that!!!) When i picked him up he was still a little groggy but smiled and gave me a big hug. The teachers said he did really well and only got teary eyed right before his nap. (And he did take a nap, mommy was worried about that too!!) He was able to bring home a beautiful finger painting from the day. Afterwards, we went out for ice cream and talked about his day. The main thing i got out of him was, " I painted, I played with balls, I played outside." (The essentials of course for a 2 year old boy) I think he will enjoy his time there!!
1 comment:
well the Keys just got updated on the last 5 posts... you guys have had a busy month and you got some great pics!!! i am so glad andrew likes his new school and hope the rest of the week goes well!!
Post a Comment