August 30, 2009

San Antonio Vacation


Our family vacation was full of adventure, laughs, and some much needed r&r. I'm sure by now you know we always have plenty of funny stories to tell since Andrew came into our lives, so here it goes.
We first started off our trip by staying over night with Andrew's godfather, Uncle Joey. Uncle Joey doesn't get to see Andrew much so they always have fun when they get together. Joey took us to play at Chuck E Cheese's. Mark and I had already agreed we would take a break and let HIM watch the very busy toddler. I think Joey got a taste of how a toddler changes your life!! Andrew ran around the place exploring as usual. Joey, Mark, and I had fun competing in basketball. I showed them that girls can outshoot guys any day!!!! Once we got home, Uncle Joey saw how a toddler can tear a place up quickly. At one point Joey asked, "Is he going to take all my CD's off my entertainment center??" I just chuckled. Soon after Uncle Joey asked, "What's that smell, man that smells bad!!!" Mark and I both laughed. Can you believe that Uncle Joey refused to change Andrew's diaper?? Joey was nice enough to get Andrew a stuffed Shamu so we could start working on the name before we went to Sea World. It was a nice visit.
The following day we stopped at the Wildlife Ranch on the way to our hotel. Now that is a neat place. And of course Andrew being the animal lover had a ball!! He saw so many animals that day he was probably on overload. He got to sit in the front which never happens and feed the animals from the window. When we got to the ostrichs mommy was a little hesitant and we rolled up the windows. And of course everyone knows my husband and how he lives to drive me crazy, he starts rolling down the window just enough to throw food out the window and all the while the ostrich is trying to stick his head through the window. I'm sure the video footage of that will be hilarious!!! Then we got to the petting zoo area. Andrew tried to shove food in all the animals mouths, they were jumping on him, Andrew was pointing out all the poop, and apparently Andrew's clothes tasted really good.
We then made our way to the Hyatt Hill Country Resort. This place is beautiful. They had an awesome lazy river and beach area for the kids. Andrew had a blast as did we!!! On the lazy river you go through this tunnel to get to the waterfall and Andrew liked hearing the echo of his voice as he went through. And he just had to get up close to the waterfall to put his hand in. Andrew wasn't too big of a bully among the other kids, he just tried to take a few toys when the kids weren't looking. We enjoyed smores every night at the hotel, mommy more than the boys!!! Andrew just kept pointing at the fire pit saying, "HOT!!"
We enjoyed a nice dinner on the river walk. Andrew just chilled in his stroller while we strolled down the river walk. We enjoyed dessert at the Rainforest Cafe, Andrew's fav restaurant. We then took a boat ride. At this point it was 8ish so Andrew fell asleep and missed most of it. Daddy and I had fun though.
Sea World was neat. Daddy would just say,"Hot!" We went later in the afternoon so it cooled off after awhile. Right when we got there we went straight to the Shamu show. Andrew had been practicing the name for several days now. It translated to "ShaSha", close enough. He was very entertained by the show. The whales jumped, splashed, danced, and waved. He also got to see dolphins, alligators, sharks, fish, horses, etc. We decided to avoid the waterpark that day because it was packed full of people and we had a nice lazy river awaiting us at the hotel.
Our last night at the hotel, they had a movie on the lawn. I really didn't think we would be able to go because it was way past Andrew's bedtime. But low and behold, Andrew was still going, and he seemed to get his second wind. I have never seen this boy so wound up. The movie kept his attention for about 0.05 seconds and then he was off. He was running up and down aisles screaming, laying on the ground, sticking his butt in the air, and then for the finale running in front of the screen and down the aisle all the while daddy chasing Andrew. I laughed and had tears coming down by the time Andrew reached me. Daddy thought it was pretty funny too. We both looked at each other and said, "What did you feed him??" We finally left because we were becoming the parents with the disruptive child. He finally crashed once we got back to our room.
I take away a lot of fun memories from this trip!! And all of you know me by now and know I have a lot of pictures to remind me of our fun vacation so check them out.

1 comment:

Danielle and Aaron said...

I love the movie time pictures and the fact that he fell asleep on the floor! That is awesome! Glad yall had fun!